- (1 litre) Turkey and Chicken Bone Broth
- (1 28oz can (800g)) Can of tomatoes
- (1/2 pound 225g-finely minced) Chicken Liver
- (1/4 cup (60ml)) Lard
- (1 pound) Butchers’ Blend Ground Beef
- (1 pound) Ground Pork
- (1/2 pound (225g)) Smoked Pork Cheek
- (1 large, finely diced) Onion
- (chopped assorted veggies. approx 2 cups) Veggies
- (4 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (3/4 cup - whatever sounds good to you!) Fresh Herbs
- (1 cup) Whole Milk
- (2) Bay leaves
- (As much or as little as you like for serving!) Grass Fed Organic Mild Cheddar Cheese
- (any kind you like and however much you will eat!) Pasta
- On the farm we call this a one pot wonder. Grab your biggest pot and off you go!
Start by browning your onion, garlic and veggies in the olive oil.
Add your Chicken Liver, Beef and Pork until toasty golden.
Drain fat if you please... or not if you enjoy some extra flavour
Deglaze with bone broth, add canned tomatoes, herbs and spices that you please and your milk
add the most ingredient...Time!
Pop the lid on, turn heat down to low, leave simmering for as long (or as little) as you like.
This recipe is a simplified version of the delicious serious eats recipe that you can find here