- (1 tbs) Lard
- (4 ounces, sliced 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/4-inch dice) Smoked Pork Cheek
- (1, finely chopped) Small Onion or Shallot
- (1 clove, finely chopped) Garlic
- (1 cup) Heavy Cream
- (4) Egg yolks
- (2 tbs) Fresh Herbs of your choice
- (to taste) Salt and pepper
- (enough for serving) Grass Fed Organic Mild Cheddar Cheese
- (enough for serving) Pasta
The cooking method for this one is simple and authentic.
If you've ever made Carbonara you know what's going on and if not, welcome to simple delicious-ness.
You can find the step by step here